View mobile site
Posted: August 09, 2018
Newly released video shows passengers scattering when smoke began billowing from a piece of luggage in a Georgia airport.
>> Read more trending news
The incident happened July 20 at Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport.
Now, a TSA agent is being applauded for quickly jumping into action to protect everyone nearby.
After hearing a passenger yell, Lead Officer Darrell Wade quickly grabbed the bag and took it to a safe area away from the terminal.
An examination of the smoking bag showed a malfunctioning vape battery caused the fire.
The TSA said Wade’s quick response helped avoid injury to passengers and fellow TSA agents.
>> Related: TSA travel tip: Throwing stars, Freddy Krueger glove should go in checked bag, not carry-on
His actions also helped prevent damage to the screening equipment and a potential shutdown of the checkpoint.
Sign up below to be added to our mailing list for the latest news, updates, access to exclusive contents, and more!
Take www.kiss104fm.com everywhere you go! Download your app below from the
Google Play Store or Apple App Store:
Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!
Learn about careers at Cox Media Group
Portions of Content Provided by Rovi Corporation. © 2018 Rovi Corporation