In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, join us for Susan G. Komen Night at Kurios - Cabinet of Curiosities, by Cirque du Soleil on Thursday, October 13, under The Big top at Atlantic Station!
Click here or use the promo code SUSANGKOMENSG20 and you will receive 20% off PLUS $3 from every ticket sold will go to Susan G. Komen.
Kurios - Cabinet of Curiosities, by Cirque du Soleil opens October 7th under The Big top at Atlantic Station.
A curious world of disbelief is coming to your imagination. KURIOS is Cirque du Soleil’s most critically-acclaimed touring show. It’s a mix of acrobatics, poetry, artistry, and humor set in a steampunk-inspired universe. KURIOS is a celebration of the power of the imagination. Step into the curio cabinet of an ambitious inventor who defies the laws of time, space and dimension in order to reinvent everything around him. Suddenly, the visible becomes invisible, perspectives are transformed, and the world is literally turned upside down. Tickets for Kurios are on sale at cirquedusoleil.com
SUSAN G. KOMEN FACTS AND STATS:
- More than 44,000 people in the U.S. are dying every year from breast cancer.
- That means about every 12 minutes, 1 person is expected to die in the U.S. from breast cancer.
- 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer at some point in her lifetime. That’s one person every 2 minutes in the U.S.
- Black women are more than 40 percent more likely to die from breast cancer than Caucasian women.
- Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among Hispanic women.
- More than 168,000 people are estimated to be living with metastatic breast cancer in the U.S.
- 94% of people with metastatic breast cancer were previously treated – and sometimes years before – for an early stage of breast cancer. Only 6 percent had metastatic disease upon initial diagnosis.
- For 40 years, Susan G. Komen has invested more than $1 billion in research (the largest nonprofit investment outside the U.S. government) and more than $2 billion to advocate for the needs of the breast cancer community and to help people living with breast cancer today get the care they need.
- Susan G. Komen invests an average of 78 cents or more of every dollar on programs that advance our mission to save lives from breast cancer. This includes funding research breakthroughs that will lead to new and more effective treatments, community health programs for patients across the country, and advocating for systemic health policy changes that will make an impact for people facing breast cancer today.
- Susan G. Komen has collaborated with more than 2,000 world-renowned breast cancer researchers leading to more than 680 research discoveries for breast cancer.
- Today, there are 3.8 million survivors and people living with breast cancer in the U.S.
- Learn more at https://www.komen.org/
About Susan G. Komen
Since 1982, the Susan G. Komen is the only organization at the forefront leading research, public policy initiatives, global outreach and providing direct patient care services to make the biggest impact against breast cancer. Komen is the only organization addressing breast cancer on multiple fronts to make the biggest impact on the disease.
For 40 years, Komen helped reduce the breast cancer mortality rate by 40% from 1989 to 2017 (the last year for which data is available). We have shown no signs of stopping until the cures are found -- granting more than $1 billion in research; more than $2.3 billion in patient support services, including education, screening and treatment assistance; and serving millions of patients in more than 60 countries.
Komen is the leading breast cancer organization and as the trusted health care guide for breast cancer, Komen’s is dedicated to supporting the breast cancer community by accelerating research, expanding our impact on public policies through advocacy, providing direct patient services that address the economic, medical, social and emotional (psychosocial) impact of a breast cancer diagnosis, and advancing health equity for all dealing with breast cancer.
©2022 Cox Media Group