October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and we are partnering with our friends at Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta to bring awareness to this disease, the actions you can take for your breast health, and everything Komen Atlanta is doing to find the cures.
This October, Walgreens customers will be able to make a donation, of any size, upon checkout at any metro Atlanta Walgreens location beginning Oct. 18 – Oct. 31. Join KISS 104.1 and Walgreens in helping to save lives.
Once again, KISS 104.1 is proud to support Komen Atlanta’s Worship in Pink program, empowering Atlanta’s faith-based organizations to spread the lifesaving message of breast cancer early detection throughout the community. Worship in Pink strives to open the lines of communication about breast health, promote breast cancer education, raise funds needed to provide free breast health services, and celebrate the lives of those who have fought against breast cancer. This year, we are going virtual! Join us Saturday, October 3 for a Worship in Pink virtual event filled with inspiration, education, and jubilation. Register by clicking here to make sure you don’t miss out.
Did you know?
- More than 3.8 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with breast cancer and this devastating disease kills more than 42,000 people each year
- In Greater Atlanta, African American women are more likely to die of breast cancer than women in the US as a whole. Don’t let a lack of insurance or financial barriers keep you from getting your annual exam. Take action and get screened with Sisters of Promise.
- In the U.S. in 2020, there will be an estimated 276,480 new cases of invasive breast cancer diagnosed in women and 2,620 cases diagnoses in men.
- Clinical breast exams should be performed every three years starting at 20 and every year starting at 40.
- Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta's mission is to save lives by meeting the most critical needs in our communities and investing in breakthrough research to prevent and cure breast cancer.
You can help! Support Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta and learn more at KomenAtlanta.org