Now Playing
KISS104 FM
Last Song Played
Today's R&B and Throwbacks
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
KISS104 FM
Last Song Played
Today's R&B and Throwbacks

music

Categories within music

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >

Jon Bon Jovi surprises patrons at Long Island supermarket

Shoppers at a New York supermarket were living on a prayer when rock ’n’ roll icon Jon Bon Jovi arrived Saturday morning to promote his new line of rosé wine that he created with his son, Newsday reported.

>> Read more trending news

Bon Jovi, who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, showed up at the Stew Leonard’s store in Farmingdale with his son, Jesse Bongiovi, and was led into the store by CEO Stew Leonard Jr., the newspaper reported.

"I'm just shopping," Bon Jovi joked.

Shoppers and staff at the Long Island store snapped pictures with Bon Jovi as he promoted his son’s wine company, Diving Into Hampton WaterWABC reported.

"It's just so exciting," shopper Cathy Smith, 57, told Newsday. " 'Living on a Prayer' is my song. I have goosebumps."

"We actually were coming for cookie dough," Lou Diaz, 43, of West Islip, told Newsday. "We talked to the lady over there, and she said, 'Oh, Bon Jovi's here,' and we didn't believe her. All of a sudden, everyone just started running. We were just trying to catch him wherever he went."

Diving Into Hampton Water is made in the Languedoc region in southern France and was launched earlier this year, Newsday reported. 

'N Sync's Lance Bass says he was outbid in effort to buy 'Brady Bunch' house

"Brady Bunch" fans, it's time to say "Bye Bye Bye" to your dreams of owning the iconic California home from the popular 1970s sitcom.

>> PREVIOUS STORY: ‘Brady Bunch’ house for sale

'N Sync singer Lance Bass tweeted Friday that he was buying the house made famous in exterior shots of the Brady home. It recently was listed for $1.885 million.

>> PHOTOS: Take a look inside the 'Brady Bunch' house

"Super excited to announce they accepted my offer on the #BradyBunch house last night!!!" Bass wrote. "This is going to be a fun project!"

But not so fast. A few hours after celebrating, Bass tweeted  he was “feeling heartbroken” when he apparently was outbid for the house, KABC reported. And -- Marcia, Marcia, Marcia -- Bass won’t be hosting actress Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia Brady in the series, for dinner any time soon.

Bass said he was told that another buyer -- perhaps a Hollywood studio -- was ready to buy the property “at any cost.”

Bass said after being told he was the winning bidder, he discovered that another buyer, possibly a Hollywood studio, was prepared to acquire the property "at any cost."

"They will outperform any bid with unlimited resources," he tweeted. “I'm hurt and saddened by this highly questionable outcome.”

According to the listing, the 2,477-square-foot home, located at 11222 Dilling St. in Studio City, California, features three bedrooms, three baths and a 12,500-square-foot lot.

>> Read more trending news 

"This iconic residence is reportedly the second most photographed home in the United States after the White House," the listing claims.

McCormick seemed pleased when she heard Bass had the high bid.

"Congratulations!" she tweeted to Bass. "May all your problems from here on out always be solved in a half hour." 

Ludacris bought a woman’s groceries, not knowing the struggles she’s had

Actor, restaurateur and rapper Chris “Ludacris” Bridges is a community-minded guy who’s one to get personally involved.

When his Ludacris Foundation pitched in during a campaign called Hunger Action Month, for example, he didn’t merely stroke a check to the Atlanta Community Food Bank and Feeding America. He rolled up his sleeves and taught kids at the Carrie Steele Pitts Home how to prepare healthy snacks. Then they all played games. In November he and then Mayor Kasim Reed teamed up to hand out turkeys at the Rosel Fann Recreation Center in south Atlanta.

>> Read more trending news 

"We need to be the change we so often talk about," Ludacris said at the time. "We need to reflect more, share more, and love more.”

He did all three this week, and his hands-on approach changed a woman’s life for the better. She happened to be behind him in line at the grocery store when her things mingled with his.

“I might as well get it,” he said.

>> Need something to lift your spirits? Read more uplifting news 

Then he ended up springing for her entire order, not knowing what a huge gesture it was. The shopper’s mom died during Hurricane Katrina and her husband died of brain cancer. She can’t usually afford to shop at Whole Foods - a friend gave her a gift card - and she was mostly buying food for her rescue animals.

After they shook hands and hugged, she asked the name of her benefactor. With all she’s been through, she didn’t recognize him right away.

“Just a guy,” he told her.

'In My Feelings' challenge fail: Florida man gets hit by car, gains viral fame

A Florida man has gained viral fame after his attempt at the "In My Feelings" challenge ended in an epic fail – a car hitting him.

>> Watch the video here

>> Millions fall for South Carolina dentist in viral ‘In My Fillings’ dance video

According to the Palm Beach Post, Jaylen Norwood, 22, of Boynton Beach, said he slipped as his friends were filming his take on the Internet craze, which involves dancing to Drake's "In My Feelings" after jumping out of a car. His spill sent him careening into the front of an oncoming car driven by a friend. Luckily, Norwood wasn't hurt, but the video took the internet by storm and landed him an interview with TV host Jimmy Kimmel.

>> Read more trending news 

Norwood's tumble isn't the only one documented in "In My Feelings" challenge videos. Safety concerns even prompted a National Transportation Safety Board official to speak out about the trend, also called the Kiki challenge. Nicholas Worrell, the board's safety advocacy chief, told the Blast last week that "jumping into lanes of traffic to show your dance moves is foolish and dangerous – to you and those around you."

Read more here.

Rapper Lil Wayne sends gifts to 49ers' coach and 'namesake' son

San Francisco 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan has remained coy about whether he named his son after the surname of rapper Lil Wayne.

However, the hip-hop artist seemed convinced, sending the coach and his 8-year-old son some gifts, The San Francisco Chronicle reported.

In a May podcast, former NFL quarterback Chris Simms said that Lil Wayne is a favorite of the coach, “so he named his little boy Carter.”

Shanahan heard from 49ers wide receiver Pierre Garcon that Lil Wayne had heard about his namesake -- the rapper’s given name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr. -- and as San Francisco opened training camp, Garcon had a package for the coach, ESPN reported.

The swag included an autographed poster and copy of the CD “The Carter IV” for Shanahan, and a signed poster and copy of “The Carter III” for Carter Shanahan.

"Mine has the cuss words, the one he gave to my son was edited," said Shanahan, who is a fan of rap music. "That was very thoughtful, so I can actually play it for my son. It was pretty neat. He was pumped. I showed him when I got home. He still doesn't know how cool it actually is."

Spotlight Gold: War - “Slippin’ Into Darkness”

Youngblood is spotlighting “Slipping into Darkness” by WAR. 

This song seems to be about someone falling into insanity or “slippin' into darkness” as the people he loves are taken away from him.

Paul McCartney returns to roots with performance at Cavern Club

Paul McCartney still believes in yesterday.

>> Read more trending news

The former Beatles singer, songwriter and bass player returned to his rock ’n’ roll roots Thursday, playing at the Cavern Club in Liverpool. The club, site of nearly 300 performances by the band during the early 1960s, is no longer at the Mathew Street site where it opened as a jazz club in 1957, closing in 1973. However, Thursday’s 2 p.m. show was played in a venue near the original location, and McCartney announced the gig on his website Thursday morning. 

The performance comes days after McCartney, 76, walked across the crosswalk made famous by the Beatles’ 1969 album, “Abbey Road.” The singer will be going on tour and will return to Liverpool in December, The Guardian reported.

According to author Bob Spitz’s 2005 book, “The Beatles: The Biography,” John Lennon and Paul McCartney, as members of the Quarrymen, played “a skiffle interlude” at the Cavern in 1957. The Beatles’ formal debut at the club occurred Feb. 9, 1961, and the group made 292 appearances at the club. Their final appearance was Aug. 3, 1963, six months before the group’s first trip to the United States.

The club reopened in 1984, rebuilt with many of the original bricks, The Guardian reported. It was McCartney’s second appearance at the new site; he performed in 1999 at the club, the newspaper reported.

Thursday, McCartney played 28 songs before a crowd of approximately 250 people, the BBC reported.

“Coming back here is pretty amazing for me," McCartney told the audience.

McCartney began his set by reworking the lyrics from the song “Michelle,” the BBC reported.

"Liverpool! Cavern! These are words that go together well," he sang.

Then McCartney sang “Twenty Flight Rock,” the Eddie Cochran song "that got me in The Beatles.” McCartney sang the song when he auditioned for Lennon in 1957.

Halfway through the number, McCartney stopped and admonished some audience members for taking photos and recording the concert on their telephones, the BBC reported.

"I think you've all been told not to take photos," he said. "And you're taking them, and you're taking them, and I don't want to get put off, and you're putting me off."

When McCartney resumed, he played songs from his Beatles career, including “Magical Mystery Tour,” “All My Loving,” “Love Me Do,” “Lady Madonna,” “I Saw Her Standing There,” and “Get Back.” From his solo career, he played hits like “Jet,” “Band on the Run,” and “Nineteen Hundred Eighty-Five.”

McCartney also played four songs from his upcoming “Egypt Station” album, Billboard reported, including “Come On to Me” and “Confidante.”

He ended the two-hour concert with a Beatles number, “Helter Skelter.”

XXXTentacion death: Suspect arrested in southeast Georgia

Authorities have arrested a third suspect in connection with the death of 20-year-old rapper Jahseh Onfroy, also known by his stage name, XXXTentacion.

Here are the latest updates:

Update 9:15 a.m. EDT July 26: Jail records confirm that Robert Allen, 22, was in jail Thursday morning in Dodge County, Georgia. He was being held for authorities in Broward County, Florida, where Onfroy was killed last month.

Deputy U.S. Marshal John Edgar told the Macon Telegraph that Allen was arrested after authorities learned that he might be staying with his sister in Eastman, Georgia. Edgar said Allen's sister was cooperative when authorities asked about him.

>> Who was XXXTentacion? 5 things about the late rapper

"It was uneventful," Edgar told the Telegraph. "This is a good case."

Two other suspects have been jailed in connection with Onfroy’s death. Michael Boatwright, 22 and Dedrick Williams, 22, are jailed in Florida on charges of murder and robbery connected to the June 18 shooting.

One other suspect, identified by deputies as 20-year-old Trayvon Newsome, remained at large Thursday.

>> 2 more suspects identified in shooting death of rapper XXXTentacion

Update 8:04 a.m. EDT July 26: According to the Macon Telegraph, Robert Allen of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, was arrested in Dodge County, Georgia, on Wednesday.

The U.S. Marshals Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force said Dodge County deputies found Allen at his sister’s house and arrested him without incident, the Telegraph reported. He was taken to the Dodge County Jail in Eastman.

XXXTentacion, born Jahseh Onfroy, was shot and killed June 18 in an apparent robbery attempt as he was leaving RIVA Motorsports in Deerfield Beach, Florida, according to Broward County sheriff’s deputies.

>> Rapper XXXTentacion shot, killed in South Florida

According to The Associated Press, a Florida grand jury formally charged Dedrick Williams, 22; Michael Boatwright, 22; Trayvon Newsome, 20; and Allen, 22, last week with first-degree murder and armed robbery, court records showed. 

–  The Associated Press contributed to this report.

 >> Read more trending news 

Music City Walk of Fame latest inductees named; Ben Folds, Brenda Lee among honorees

The latest entertainers to be honored with stars on the Music City Walk of Fame in a ceremony next month have been named. 

Ben Folds, Brenda Lee, Jeannie Seely and Ray Stevens are to be the 81st through 84th stars on the walk in the Music City Walk of Fame Park, The Tennessean reported.

The ceremony will be held Aug. 21 at 11:30 a.m.

The performers are being honored for their contributions to the musical heritage of Nashville. They also are being honored for their artistic and creative contributions, The Tennessean reported

>> Read more trending news 

According to the announcement from Nashville officials

Folds is a singer, songwriter and producer who creates music across genres from pop to classical. He is also an advocate for arts funding in schools and music therapy.

Lee has been on the stage since she was a child. Lee has sold more than 100 million units of music around the world. She shared the stage at the Grand Ole Opry with Elvis when she was 12 and The Beatles opened for her European tour. She is the only female member of the both the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Seely’s been a member of the Grand Ole Opry for 51 years and has had a career that has stretched six decades. She was also the first female who was a regular host for segments oft he Opry shows.

Stevens is a 12-time nominated and two-time Grammy winner over a 60 year career. He’s known most for his hits “The Streak” and “Everything Is Beautiful.”

The Music City Walk of Fame was created in 2006 on Nashville’s Music Mile. 

200 items
Results 21 - 30 of 200 < previous next >