Now Playing
KISS104 FM
Last Song Played
Today's R&B and Throwbacks
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
KISS104 FM
Last Song Played
Today's R&B and Throwbacks

Posted: October 26, 2015

E-Cigarette explodes in smoker’s hand


By Cox Media Group National Content Desk

WICHITA, Kan. —

A Kansas man is nursing his injuries after his electronic cigarette exploded in his hand. Parts of the device pierced the wall of his home.

Jonathan Reser was trying to stop smoking normal cigarettes, so he took up the e-cigarette, KAKE reported.

>> Read more trending stories   

He followed the instructions and put the battery into the device. He said he heard sizzling as if he was pushing the button, but wasn’t. It then exploded in his hand.

“I went to listen to it. It just went bam, like a bullet,” Reser said.

The device broke into two pieces that impaled themselves into opposite walls. It also had pieces of metal and plastic scattered across the room, KAKE reported.

Reser said he took it back to the store, where the staff pointed out a warning sign that stated e-cigarettes can potentially explode. They also told him a small computer chip could have prevented the battery from exploding.

Reser said he wasn’t told about the chip when he first purchased the device.

The federal government has warned that it could be dangerous when a lithium-ion battery fails, and could act like a “flaming rocket.”

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/E-Cig-explodes-in-Wichita-mans-hand-336935941.html

Posted by KAKE-TV on Sunday, October 25, 2015


There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.