Posted: 12:11 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 14, 2014
Disney 7-night Cruise Vacation KISS App Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
3. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Contest is only open to legal residents of the state of Georgia who are 21 years or older at the time of entry and who have either i) a valid Georgia driver’s license or Georgia state-issued ID or ii) another form of government-issued ID and a utility bill proving residence in the state of Georgia. Employees of Sponsor, and each of its affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
There are two ways to enter this Contest, a mobile app entry method and a mail-in entry method (each described below in this section). Limit one (1) entry per person and per household regardless of method of entry.
MOBILE APP ENTRY
You may enter via the Sponsor’s mobile app beginning on Monday, August 18, 2014. To enter, you must complete the following steps (standard data rates may apply):
Limit one (1) entry via mobile app per person and per household during the Contest Period regardless of whether you enter via the Android App or the iOS app. Failure to complete any of the steps in this section may result in the disqualification of your attempted entry as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any issue that may prevent a contestant from being able to download or access the app or complete his/her entry.
To enter by mail, download an Official Entry Form at www.kiss104fm.com Print off the form and provide all of the required information, including name, street address, daytime phone number, and date of birth, and return it by mail to:
Disney 7-night Cruise Vacation KISS App Contest App Contest Alternate Entry
KISS 104.1 Promotions Department
c/o Joe Traver
1601 W. Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
All entries must be postmarked by Saturday, August 30, 2014 and received no later than Wednesday, September 3, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. (E.T.). No facsimiles or mechanical reproductions permitted. Only one (1) entry per outer stamped envelope.
Limitations applicable to all methods of entry: The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, sender’s Internet service provider, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, Sponsor will determine who submitted the disputed entry in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by person who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
5. Winner Selection and Odds. On or about Thursday, September 4, 2014 Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) Grand Prize winner will receive One (1) 7-Night Disney Cruise Line Vacation for four (4) persons to be taken aboard the Disney Magic departing from Port Canaveral consisting of the following:
The approximate retail value (ARV) of the Grand Prize is $6,950.00.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR THE GRAND PRIZE: The trip includes roundtrip coach class air transportation for two (2) on Delta Air Lines from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to Miami International Airport. Sponsor will reserve flights for trip prize winner and guest through Cox Travel. If a trip prize winner cannot travel during the specified travel dates (depart Sunday, November 16, 2014 and return Thursday, November 20, 2014), then he or she forfeits the entire prize. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including parking, ground transportation, gratuities, transportation to and from airport, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, port charges, security fees, taxes, and all other expenses not specified above, are the sole responsibility of trip prize winner. Prize may be subject to blackout periods, and other restrictions may apply. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice, as set forth in the passenger ticket contract. Trip prize winner and guest are responsible for obtaining any insurance (including but not limited to, any travel or health insurance). The ARV of the trip package may vary depending on location of major airport nearest to winner’s home, travel itinerary, and costs of air transportation at time of award. Trip prize winner will not receive the difference (if any) between actual and estimated retail value. If, in the sole judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to the trip prize winner’s proximity to the prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Trip prize winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining identification documents necessary for travel. Trip prize winner may be required to present a credit card at time of check-in. Trip prize winner and travel companion must travel on identical itinerary. Unless a child of the trip prize winner, guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age as of the date of departure. If trip prize winner does not designate a guest in accordance with these Official Rules, no consideration will be provided to the trip prize winner for the value of the guest’s portion of the prize package. No credit or cash will be given for any unused portion of the trip prize.
No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the Simple Man Cruise (“Trip”), or any portion thereof. Sponsor will not be liable if the Trip, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future trip. Trip boarding passes are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the boarding passes may govern if the Trip is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen Trip boarding passes. No refund or compensation will be paid in the event Sixthman or the Norwegian Cruise Line closes or is unavailable.
Once air travel has been booked for trip prize winner and guest, no changes can be made to the itinerary without risk of penalty. Trip prize winner is responsible for any costs associated with a flight change. No refund or compensation will be paid to trip prize winner or guest in the event their scheduled flights to or from Atlanta, Georgia are cancelled. Sponsor will not be liable for flight cancellations or delays. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Limit: Only one (1) prize winner may be selected from the same household every thirty (30) days in connection with any contest sponsored or administered by 97.1 The River (WSRV-FM). If you or a member of your household has won a prize from 97.1 The River within the last thirty (30) days, you will be ineligible to receive a prize in this Contest.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance.
Potential winners will be notified on or about Thursday, September 4, 2014 at the telephone number and/or email address provided at the time of registration.
In order to accept a prize, potential winners must respond to Sponsor’s notification within twenty-four (24) hours of notice or attempted notice.
To claim a prize, potential winners must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 1601 West Peachtree Street NE in Atlanta, Georgia 30309 within fourteen (14) business days of notification. Office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) and 5:00 p.m. (E.T.) weekdays.
For identification purposes, all winners must show Sponsor in person or provide a copy of either i) a valid Georgia driver’s license or Georgia state-issued ID or ii) another government-issued photo ID and a utility bill to show proof of Georgia residency. Winners are also required to complete a liability and publicity release, which must be signed at the time a winner claims his/her prize at Sponsor’s offices. Failure to sign the release or to present the required identification and proof of residency will result in a winner’s disqualification and the forfeiture of his or her interest in a prize.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Sponsor will conduct up to two (2) alternate drawings, after which the prize will not be awarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication of his or her name in on-air promotional announcements produced by Sponsor.
Each winner further grants Sponsor, and its affiliates, digital properties, and advertising, promotion and production agencies, permission to use his or her name, address or likeness in any and all advertising and promotional materials, in any manner or media whatsoever, including websites operated by Sponsor, for purposes of advertising, trade or promotion, without additional compensation.
Each winner acknowledges and agrees that he or she shall have no right of approval, no claim to any compensation, and no claim arising out of the use, alteration, or distortion of his or her name or address.
9. Participation. Participation in the Contest constitutes an agreement by each contestant to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Contest as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Contest is compromised by non-authorized human intervention, fraud, tampering, technical failures or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest. Should the Contest be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, LLC, COX ENTERPRISES, INC., AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
11. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Contest, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE APP, and THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Contest or receipt or useor misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
12. Construction. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Georgia, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. Miscellaneous. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Contest at any time. For a list of winners (available after Thursday, September 4, 2014) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.kiss104fm.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “The Disney 7-night Cruise Vacation KISS App Winners List” or “Official Rules” (as applicable), The Disney 7-night Cruise Vacation KISS App Contest , 1601 West Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309. If you have any questions regarding this Contest, please contact the Promotions and Marketing Department of WALR-FM via email at email@example.com or mail at 1601 West Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30309.